National Botanic Garden offers possibility for any interested person to take part in its work and to learn different skills. Everyone who wants to make good use of his spare time and to learn something new, different from his/her everyday duties can become a volunteer. Our volunteers can:
- Develop their skills in different technical works;
- Learn plant care;
- Get familiar with plant diversity;
- Spend his free time interesting;
- Work individually or in the team;
- Work in the base of short time or long time agreement.
Until now volunteers have worked in our garden. Taking part in the arrangement of the garden’s area, weeding, watering, tending the hay, collecting faded blossoms – in other words, help us to keep the garden well maintained, and make it joyful to come here and rest in the beautiful and well attended environment. Volunteers can work both individually and in groups.
For us, botanic garden workers are important to help to our volunteer assistants to better understand the nature and processes running in it.
In the botanic garden it is possible to find a suitable job for volunteers of different ages and background, but we expect from our volunteers:
- Serious attitudes toward entrusted duties;
- Responsibility for the tools;
- Ethical attitude to himself and other workers;
- Keeping to safety rules.
We are thankful to „Swedbank” team; society of pensioners of Latgalian suburb of Riga,; The Salaspils Day center for the persons with functionell disorders; pupils of Salaspils highschool No. 2 and Riga Special Internatschool No. 5; as well as all other our friends, which took part in work!